Social distancing, while good for public health, is bad for small businesses. Foot traffic has dropped steeply since the coronavirus outbreak as more and more customers stay home and self-quarantine. Many business owners are worried that the impact of COVID-19 will be deeper and more long-lasting than anticipated.
In this online webinar, we will discuss and share tips to keep your employees and customers engaged from a distance.
- Tools to increase engagement with staff working remotely
- Simple tactics and tools to keep engagement with customers
- Tools to use for selling and engaging with prospect and customers
- Live Q&A session
Watch Presentation Here
All the note and links from the presentation are list below. To access the full presentation click here
Phase of Disasters
Emotional reactions to disasters have predictable patterns according to some researchers. Source The Psychology of Disaster
- Pre-Disaster Phase: The amount of warning a community receives varies by the type of disaster.
- Impact Phase: The greater the scope, community destruction, and personal losses associated with the disaster, the greater the psychosocial effects.
- Heroic Phase: This phase is characterized by high altruism among both survivors and emergency responders. Goal is to prevent loss of lives and to minimize property damage.
- Honeymoon Phase: High altruism among both survivors and emergency responders. Goal is to prevent loss of lives and to minimize property damage.
- Disillusionment Phase: Optimism fades, as the realization of what happens begins to settle in, and disappointment, resentment, anger and frustration become evident.
- Reconstruction Phase: People start to assimilate the shock and begin to reconcile themselves to the “new reality.” A process that will continue for several years as the “new normal” functioning is gradually reestablished.
Five Marketing Steps
This may be the first time you’ve had to keep a business afloat during an economic downturn, So, to help you out remember these steps
- Don’t arbitrarily cut your marketing budget
- Do a deep dive of your target audience’s disaster behaviour
- Analyze and track everything — now
- Focus on existing customers
- Increase conversion rates by testing, tweaking, and repeating
Engagement With Remote Staff
When You Need to Stay Organised
As long as we have an internet connection, it's relatively easy for us to get most our day-to-day work done.
- Monday.com - Project Management Made Easy
- Wrike.com - Manage your projects from start to finish with Wrike
- Asana.com - Project and work management for teams of all sizes.
- Zoho Project ( https://www.zoho.com/projects) Agile project management for software development teams
- MeisterTask.com Collaboration and task management tool
- Trello.com - Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives
- Basecamp - Use this project management software to help you arrange your calendars
- Podio - Part project manager, part Facebook for companies, you can use Podio to keep track of what you need to do, and chat while doing it.
When You Want to Collaborate (or Just Chat)
- Slack - Integrates with HubSpot
- Workplace By Facebook - Integrates with HubSpot
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Hangout
Engagement With Customers
- Word of Mouth - Create as much word of mouth marketing as possible, share stories via social media and email
- Podcasts or Videos - Social Distancing given more time to consumer content. (Netflix, Youtube and Facebook reduce video quality amid virus pandemic)
- Email - The main tools of communicating. Be selective of how often
- Social Media - Update customers on business status / share / remarketing etc
- SEO - Review research keyword to make it easy for customers to find right content and news etc
- Live Chat / Chatbot on Website - Again social distancing will drive the usage
Tools For Selling & Engagement
When You Need to Talk Face-to-Face
- Zoom Meeting - Screen sharing is easy and call quality is good, has dial-in feature and integrates with HubSpot
- Google Hangouts - Google is ubiquitous, and usually the most convenient option -- especially if you're using Google Calendar to manage your schedule.
- Join.me - This tool is great for fast and easy screen share meetings.
- Skype - It's still a great option for chatting with folks all over the world.
- Uber Conference - Allows screen sharing and has a mobile app.
- GoToMeeting - Screen sharing is easy and call quality is usually really good.
In response to COVID-19 challenges, Crocodile Marketing has decided to provide our members-only webinar events for free to continue supporting you and the awesome entrepreneurs’ community. You can join here.